Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Starting Betaseron.
    TotallyDisgusted1 posted:
    I'm starting Betaseron, could anyone who is taking this or has just started, give me a heads up on what to expect. I was diag. a little over year ago i,ve been receiveing monthly infussions of steroids and cemo and are doing well so far.

Thanks

Prayforstrength responded:
    I start Betaseron shots tomorow. I was diagnosed with MS approx 5 months ago so this is all new for me too.

Jack31969 replied to Prayforstrength's response:
    Good morning,

Hello, I was diagnosed with MS 4 year ago. Bataseron has been working for me. No relapses thus far. Finger crossed.

When I first started with the meds, I had the flue like symptoms. I also had something like a dizzy spell but it has a different term to it. Also the injection are every other day. The injection are that pain in the a##. Exercise and the meds have kept me going without the relapses. I pesonally intends to stay on the Bataseron until the doc tells me otherwise. I hope this helped. Have a great day.

TotallyDisgusted1 replied to Jack31969's response:
    Thank you for the info. just received the care package along with meds today. I will call the nurse to make an appt. to teach me how to inject myself. Prayfor keep posting how you are feeling, seeing you just started and I will do the same.

Thank you for the replies.

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
    Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    107 of 109 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.