Skip to content
Copaxone and hair loss
vikinglady603 posted:
Has anyone had hair loss after starting Copaxone?
I love this drug, and have no problems with it, but wondered if anyone else's hair is thinning out since taking it?

mmthlvr responded:
Yep, but it also grows really fast. I have to get a hair cut every 3-4 weeks. My right side seems quite a bit thinner then the left.

ireneliz responded:
yes!!!!!! i do have hair loss since i have been on copaxone since sept. 2011 i was kinda of upset but said to myself well it could be worse

swampster1952 responded:
Hello VL,

I have been on copaxone for about 15 months and I have not noticed any increase in hair loss.

I did however lose all my hair for a while when I accidentally burned it all off will trying to light a hooka filled with some fine Morracan hashish (used soley for medicinal purposes only mind you!) However it did all grow back, even if it is a little kinky in places.

I am one of the lucky ones though, since I have never had any negative side effects from any of the drugs I have taken for MS. Lucky me I know...

Dave

spanky1027 replied to swampster1952's response:
Hi,
The hair loss seems to be a temporary thing, it only happened for a short time.
I am with you on being one of the lucky ones, I have no negative side effects for any of my MS medication.
I think you just have to get used it. We are lucky to have the availability of the medications for MS.
Twenty years ago, not so much, so I feel very lucky they have drugs like Copaxone that make such a huge difference.
VL

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Reliv does work
I thought Reliv was a hoax too. But it's not. You need to take it regularly and consistently and it proves miracles. My mom was diagnosed ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.