Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thankfulness
lovesweinerdogs posted:
Hi all and hope you are all improving. I just wanted to talk about my best friends a little bit. I've known them for a couple of years now so we know each other pretty well.

We're familiar with each others' weak points and strong suits, but love each other nonetheless. Yes, I'm talking about my two dachshunds. I don't know what I'd do without them-they greet me at the door every night when I get home from work and immediately set out to cheer me up. Joey sits in my lap and talks to me while Honey grins and wags her tail so hard she almost rolls off the couch.

They always know which part of me is hurting the most that day and will sniff and lick the offending limb (I swear I am not making this up-they always know where the pain is!) On good days, we just putter around out in the yard or cook and freeze meals (well, I cook and they wait for me to drop some food!)

I know I'm being maudling, but they make my life better every day and I just felt like expressing it. Thanks everyone for listening!

hackwriter responded:
Dear (I've forgotten your name--could you please sign off with a name? It helps!),

Nice to hear that your furry friends give you so much comfort. My dogs and birds give me some much-appreciated entertainment during the day. We take care of each other.

Thanks for posting such an upbeat story.

Kim

roberlyn responded:
cute, love this

robyn

lovesweinerdogs replied to hackwriter's response:
Dear Kim, what kind of birds do you have? I have been considering getting a pair of society finches...

Thanks,

Dawn

hackwriter replied to lovesweinerdogs's response:
Dawn,

I have two cockatiels and a parrotlet. We let the cockatiels out of the cage most days. Harvey, the male, is attracted to computers and likes to pick off the keys--so we gave him his own broken laptop to plunder, lol.

The parrotlet, Sinbad, is too young to speak yet. He is a pretty green with blue eyeshadow and has a hundred different calls. He mimics my husband's cell phone voicemail alert, which is a cricket chirp. My husband would go running to check the new message and there wasn't one. It took a while to figure out that it was Sinbad!

Birds are so entertaining, have fun with whatever breed you choose.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
105 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.