Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Solumedrol IV and Braytacardia
dogsrule18 posted:
Is this a common side effect while having a treatment of Solumedrol by IV? Me and my sister both have MS and get treated with Solumedrol by IV periodically when we are having an exacerbation. My sister has to be hospitalized because she experiences Braytacardia while being infused. Her insurance company is throwing a fit about covering this expense "because no one has Braytacardia in this area or on this plan while they are receiving treatment". I know she can't be the only one with this problem so I was wondering how common this side effect of the Solumedrol is. Looking for any feedback about this issue...

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
Although bradycardia is not a common side effect of intravenous Solu-Medrol, it is a known complication of using the medication in this manner.
Her physician should be able to supply articles about bradycardia with intravenous steroids to her insurance company.

dogsrule18 replied to Neil S Lava, MD's response:
Thank you very much for your response.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.