Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
exercises for strenthing the lower back
pama7 posted:
am in a wheelchair. The big problem for me is becaue my lower back is so weak, it is unable to hold my body up when i try to stand using a walker. If i could just strenthen my core and lower back it would be able to to hold up my body so i can try to walk using my walker. my back is weak due to me letting it go, not keeping it strong by exercise. DESPRITE FOR HELP! i WANT TO WALK AGAIN BUT CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT A STRONG BACK AND CORE thank you to people that can help

pam

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
It may be difficult to strengthen your back muscles but there certainly are ways to try. I think it would be appropriate for you to ask your physician to have you see a physical therapy physician or physical therapist. They can work with you on back strengthening exercises and make suggestions for things that you might do at home to help strengthen her back.

inWVwithMS responded:
try this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuGRBcFgzk

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.