Doc, It Hurts When I Do This...Pain Clinic 101: How not to Perform an LP"
hackwriter posted:
Read my latest essay about yesterday's attempt to receive a test dose of intrathecal baclofen.

http://multiplesclerosiswrite.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow! I can't imagine a puncture without anesthesia working, what a horrific experience!

You deserve a cup of Turkish coffee to be delivered to you daily after that ____ day!

Looking forward to hearing good results after having the pump placed (under generous amounts of general anesthesia).

Elizabeth

hackwriter replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for reading and commenting, Elizabeth

I expect a good result from the next LP in Radiology and a successful surgery--and I will post the result. Wish I could make Turkish coffee at home!

Kim

Rory26312 responded:
OUCH again Kim

It is hard to figure out what these so called medical professional's are at most of the time but this take's the cake.

All I can say is that I hope the learned from the expierence so someone else does not have to suffer through this.

Hopefully next time is better

Rory

hackwriter replied to Rory26312's response:
Hi, Rory,

My thoughts exactly. I was bewildered that my pain doc allowed me to be in so much pain and ignored my screams and tears. Gives new meaning to "pain doctor," lol!

Maybe I should have gone to a "Painless" Clinic instead? So many jokes for this. Ya want pain? Have I got a pain doc for you, lol. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Kim