Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Dr. Lava
    BodoJ posted:
    I have MS. I recently had a VEP test done which showed that I have slowed visual response, which explains the confused feeling I get when I'm in a close or crowded space or an unfamiliar place. I always feel like things move in a sort of slow motion. And it worsens when i am hot. My wife says that physical therapy will help, but I am thinking that it would not since physical therapy will not regrow the myelin sheath. Do you think therapy would help this?
    Neil S Lava, MD responded:
    I don't think that physical therapy will help with your visual symptoms. It can be quite helpful for physical difficulties. If your symptoms worsen with heat you might consider using a cooling vest in the hot weather. Even though this symptom is bothering you right now, it is possible that over time the symptoms might improve.

    Featuring Experts

    Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

    Helpful Tips

    the walking drug, ampyra
    was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    52 of 63 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.