Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Dr. Lava
BodoJ posted:
I have MS. I recently had a VEP test done which showed that I have slowed visual response, which explains the confused feeling I get when I'm in a close or crowded space or an unfamiliar place. I always feel like things move in a sort of slow motion. And it worsens when i am hot. My wife says that physical therapy will help, but I am thinking that it would not since physical therapy will not regrow the myelin sheath. Do you think therapy would help this?

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
I don't think that physical therapy will help with your visual symptoms. It can be quite helpful for physical difficulties. If your symptoms worsen with heat you might consider using a cooling vest in the hot weather. Even though this symptom is bothering you right now, it is possible that over time the symptoms might improve.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.