Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Dr. Lava
mom24dogs posted:
I have been recently diagnosed with MS - the neuro doc won't tell me which type. I have been having the usual symptoms like fatigue, depression, memory loss, clumsiness, etc. and they just refer me back to my primary care doc who doesn't do anything but shove pills at me. Shouldn't the neuro be treating me for ms problems? So far I haven't been able to get any recommendations for other neuro docs in Knoxville, Tn. Can you make any recommendations? - Thanks for any advice you can give on how to find a good doc without having to run all over town and switching docs every few months.

Rory26312 responded:
Hi

Welcome to our little group sorry you feel the need to be here.

First of a change of neuro's is a most, your doctors have to be your partners in combating this disease and it's many symptoms, one who does not explain your MS type to you is not the way to start.

You could start with local MS society for a list of neuro's who treat MS in your area . The cann't make recomendations but it is a start. I think the site is www.nmss.com .

Another one is www.msneuroratings.com which is a national listing broken down by state and is done by patients so there may be some for the Knoxville area.

Dr Lava will not be able to name a doctor as WebMD rules do not allow it ,but if you make a reply on Thurs it will but this near the top of the page for Fri when he usually check's in and he may be able to recommend a MS center in your neighbourhood.

Hope all this helps

Rory

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
I agree, the local MS society should help you find a neurologist who will treat your MS.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
105 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.