Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    I need to find a doctor for my MS in Northern Virginia.
    suzannesteiner posted:
    I have been diagnosed since 2000. It started in Atlanta where I was able to see Dr. Stewart and all was well. I was fortunate that I had no real problems. Since moving to Virginia, I have not been able to locate a 'MS' Dr. who accepts my insurance (Aetna) so I've been seeing a general neurologist which has been fine until I've begun to show problems. I feel I need to see someone who has more of a specialty in MS, but I don't know who to turn to. I would like to use someone who is recommended rather than a shot in the dark. That has not worked before. The problems I am having now is my walking and speech. I have been taking Avonex for over 10 years, and I've just had my first MRI come back showing problems.
    Neil S Lava, MD responded:
    You should call the MS society and ask about neurologists. They should be able to guide you.

    Featuring Experts

    Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

    Helpful Tips

    the walking drug, ampyra
    was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    52 of 63 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.