Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
I need to find a doctor for my MS in Northern Virginia.
suzannesteiner posted:
I have been diagnosed since 2000. It started in Atlanta where I was able to see Dr. Stewart and all was well. I was fortunate that I had no real problems. Since moving to Virginia, I have not been able to locate a 'MS' Dr. who accepts my insurance (Aetna) so I've been seeing a general neurologist which has been fine until I've begun to show problems. I feel I need to see someone who has more of a specialty in MS, but I don't know who to turn to. I would like to use someone who is recommended rather than a shot in the dark. That has not worked before. The problems I am having now is my walking and speech. I have been taking Avonex for over 10 years, and I've just had my first MRI come back showing problems.

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
You should call the MS society and ask about neurologists. They should be able to guide you.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.