Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
I need to find a doctor for my MS in Northern Virginia.
suzannesteiner posted:
I have been diagnosed since 2000. It started in Atlanta where I was able to see Dr. Stewart and all was well. I was fortunate that I had no real problems. Since moving to Virginia, I have not been able to locate a 'MS' Dr. who accepts my insurance (Aetna) so I've been seeing a general neurologist which has been fine until I've begun to show problems. I feel I need to see someone who has more of a specialty in MS, but I don't know who to turn to. I would like to use someone who is recommended rather than a shot in the dark. That has not worked before. The problems I am having now is my walking and speech. I have been taking Avonex for over 10 years, and I've just had my first MRI come back showing problems.
Neil S Lava, MD responded:
You should call the MS society and ask about neurologists. They should be able to guide you.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
106 of 108 found this helpful