Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No Answers
PaigeyRog posted:
I posted a while back about all of my symptoms and I went to my doctor and talked to him about it. He kind of brushed it off as low potassium levels but he did xrays and blood work and it all came back fairly normal (I do have some irregularities with my spine but I'm not sure that's related.) But my main concern is that my symptoms are worsening, for the past few days I've had this unbearable pain in the heel of my foot. I can barely walk, it hurts so bad. And that says a lot, because I have an extremely high pain tolerance, and that really concerns me. I don't know what to do though since my doctor didn't take me seriously when I told him I thought it might be MS. This is so frustrating!!

NanaJudy6 responded:
Dear PaigeyRog..sorry that no one has responded to you. I have not yet been diagnosed with MS or anything else but am searching for answers as we speak.

I know my body and I know something is wrong so I have made the decision to take my health in my own hands as I suggest you do. I know that your potassium being low can cause many symptoms so you should know (if someone has prescribed you potassium) as your potassium level raises higher. I suggest you do some research under the MS society of American and get info that you need to see if you fall into the symptoms of MS or just simply type MS on your search bar and you will get much info..I always try to stay with reputable sites so I will not be mislead. such as WedMD, mayo clinic, MS society, etc.

If you feel you have somethng neurological going on, talk to your GP and get him to refer you to a neuro preferably one who specializes in MS. He/she will do a neurological work-up and possibly a MRI and other tests to confirm or dismiss MS.

There are many different disease, conditions, and even vitamin deficiancies that could cause many symptoms. could even be orthopedic..but I sure would pursue answers as we all deserve that much.

Good luck to you as you pursue this journey. God Bless

Judy

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
105 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.