Skip to content
New to Community ~waving~ Need input please help! :/
Darkice6977 posted:
For about 8 months now I have been having problems with my legs, it started with the left leg however. It was very painful, swollen, discolored, pins & needles and would go numb on me at random times, even when I walked. Now, I am having those same symptoms in both legs, it has caused me to "fall" several times. For about the past 3 months they have been doing this "spasm" thing in an EXTREME way it causes me so much pain I am in tears when it is taking place, I have to take 2 pain pills for the pain and ride out the "spasm" session which sometimes lasts 30 - 45 minutes. There has even been a few times this has taken place in my arms and it's always at night. See Neuro this wk.but scared if I mention this to her she will look at me like I am "idiot!" What should I do?

hackwriter responded:
Dear Darkice,

Tell your neuro about all of your symptoms, that's what she's there for. Make a list of symptoms and medications you've been taking, tests you've had, and any other medical conditions you've had diagnosed by other doctors.

She should conduct a physical exam and take a thorough history. Based on that exam and history, she might order a set of MRIs and other tests.

There are many conditions that can cause your symptoms. Your doctors should aggressively seek the underlying cause and suggest medications to treat your symptoms.

Please do let us know the results of your appointment.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.