Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just diagnosed
stormychaser911 posted:
Hi my name is Brittany and I am 22 years old. I was diagnosed about a month ago with ms and there is so much to understand. I was just trying to figure out what I can expect. I have never met anyone with ms and I find it hard to talk to my loved ones about how I feel, since this has been quite a shock to them, too. I have done my own research and talked to doctors, but it is just a lot to grasp. It would be nice if I just could talk to people who understand so I don't feel so alone.

bwh2006 responded:
sure we can talk .I am new to m.s as well i have had it for 2yrs.in october of this yr.I have my good days and bad.i take the shot once a week so far i do well with it .what was you symptoms.my was numb and pins and needles in my feet which is still in my feet it never when away.but i still walk and try to do things which makes me sleepy.some days i take a nap some days not it is all how i feel and what comes on in the day.i was shocked to when my dr. told me and my husband because i didnt whant the shots .they cost alot for them mine is about 24.ooo a yr.2,000 a mounth but hte med. company will work with you.take care and we will talk again.

shardinay27 responded:
hi Stormy,

I was diagnosed 5 yrs ago today. Receiving the diagnosis was very difficult. I did a lot of research and talked with ppl in forums who knew what i was going through. family and friends just don't get it.

In my first 2 years, i went thru 4 drugs before i found one that worked. I have now been on Tysabri for 3 1/2 years. it has worked wonders for me. i have not had a new symptom show up in over 2 years. The ones you have already experienced will flare up now and then without warning. I have relapse-remitting MS. is that what you have?

if you have any questions or concerns, please ask!!!

starburst29 replied to shardinay27's response:
Hi,
your shots cost 2,00 a month?? That's a great deal of money. Is that before or after insurance? What level MS do you have?

doggsbone responded:
hey
brittany we will be here whenever you need us ask away

james

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.