Skip to content
Signs of MS relapsing
knowingitall posted:
How can I as the wife know when husband is having a flare up? He has recently had very painful cramps in his right hand. It's very hot and I think he was out in the heat too long. When should I get him to the doctor and when should i take immediate action to take him to the ER. He is stubborn, but i think he is having a difficult time right now. Help.

Rory26312 responded:
Hi Knowing

As a rule it is not usually a flair unless there are new or worsening symptoms over a forty eight hour period. Most likely this a temporary thing caused by the heat but I cann't say for certain.

Heat a major trigger for most of us so if he wants to be outside get a cooling vest ,the are not the prettiest thing to wear but the help keep the core temperature down.

It is possible he is de-hydrated or even has heat stroke so you will have to keep a eye on him.

Rory

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Tip for hives
My daughter suffers with hives, they have never found out what causes her hives either. We thought since I was recently diagnosed that ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.