Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Don't you wish...
swampster1952 posted:
Hello all,

I have been listing quite a bit to the song "Over the rainbow" sung by this guy who goes by the nick name "IZ), but my favorite version is by the phenomenal singer
Eva Cassidy.

Just a thought,

Dave

hackwriter responded:
Dave,

Funny that you mention it, I've just recently discovered Eva Cassidy and I have heard her rendition of "Over the Rainbow." Loved it.

She was a dynamite jazz singer who crossed genres effortlessly, I'm just sorry I hadn't know of her work before her passing.

Kim

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
For those of you who want to hear these great artists, here are the links. Unfortunately, both passed away way too young!

IZ - Isreal Ka'ano'i Kamakawiwo 2BBole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Eva Cassidy - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

IZ's song was used in a local Publix (grocery store) commercial a couple years ago.

Elizabeth

farside_fan responded:
Hey Dave, long time, no talk ~

I know IZ's music well as I got hooked on listening, once I heard his version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow years ago!!! After listening to one of his CDs four or five times, I began to sing along with him, even though I had NO IDEA what he was saying/singing. LOVE his ukelele and his soft voice. Sadly, he died a few years ago and took his style of music with him. I'll check out Eva Cassidy once I get a few free minutes.

farside_fan responded:
Well, Dave, I just got blown away by Eva Cassity's voice and her music as I listened to her a few minutes ago. Such talent and such sorrow that she lost her life to melanoma. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

certified nursing assistant (CNA)
I am a care giver who have had vast experience with MS patient and i do travel with my client/s. If some one out there who is looking for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.