Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
WORSENING OF SYMPTOMS
AuntyTess posted:
Can anyone help me.

I have had such a worsening of symptoms over the past 4 days particularly with balance and walking. Could I be allergic to Ty? I have had 27 injections and was wondering if it could be a build up, otherwise I just don't know what is causing the above inability/

Please respond as I am desperate for help.

Thanks,

Tess

hackwriter responded:
AuntyTess,

That wouldn't be an allergic reaction to Ty, but it does sound like a flare. Contact your neurologist and report your symptoms.

Kim

AuntyTess replied to hackwriter's response:
Hi Kim,

I had a feeling you would reply!! Can you get a flare up on Ty? I am so scared right now, because I can hardly walk, without holding onto furniture or walls. Also, my right leg seems to be the trouble and the MS has affected the left side. But about 4 weeks ago I had a really bad fall (my right knee is still bruised, I have been blaming my walking/balance on the fall, but I cannot go on blaming it). I have had an x-ray on it and there are no broken bones.

I have an appoinment to see my Neuro on Tuesday of next week, I am going to tell him then. I just so scared.

Thanks for replying,

Tess

hackwriter replied to AuntyTess's response:
Tess,

You can get a flare on any of the disease-modifying therapies, most of us do. Our therapies don't stop the disease, they only slow it down.

If your bad fall coincided with the worsening walk and balance, and the worsening is on the same side as the knee injury--then the knee injury could certainly be the culprit, too. You might have torn cartilage or other soft tissue injury--and an injured muscle can take as long as a month to heal. Be sure to tell your neuro about that bad fall.

Kim

AuntyTess replied to hackwriter's response:
Good Morning Kim

Thank you for replying - you have made me feel so much better.

I haven't been on this site for a long time because I was becoming obsessed with it!!!!!

Hope you have a good day

Tess

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
105 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.