Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
DR. LAVA I NEED YOUR HELP! IS IT MS???
MysteryIlnessHelp posted:
Hi Dr. Lava, I hope ou can help me because it seems as if nobody can. I have been having strange symptoms (weakness resulting in needing a wheelchair. urinating myself at night, cognitive dificulties, pins & needles/tingles) and the docs (2 of them thought MS) Neuro did LP but it came back fine s he dismissed me but Prmary care still thinks MS and is doind referall for 2nd opinion. Anyway, how likely its this. You caan see all my syptoms with onset dates on my blog (below) if that will help. I feel frustrated and helpless. what should i think. Am i imagiing everything, going crazy? HELP! Thanks in advance.

love&hugs
A Help figure it out at Blogspot @ AllisonWhattodo

h

MysteryIlnessHelp responded:
the blog has been changed to http://manicuredwheelchairgloves.blogspot.com/
In case anybody wants to take a look.

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
I am sorry that you're feeling so frustrated and overwhelmed. I know it is difficult to have symptoms and not understand why they are occurring. I think getting a second opinion is an excellent idea. Your doctor might want to send you to a multiple sclerosis clinic.
A neurologist should work with you to help explain these symptoms. If this is not multiple sclerosis then other explanations need to be sought.

doggsbone replied to Neil S Lava, MD's response:
Hello Dr. Lava I am having a problem I am in OKC and their MS clinic has shut down taking new patients and its the only one here. What do i do? I will move but where? The MAYO has told me i cannot get in. PLEASE HELP

Neil S Lava, MD replied to doggsbone's response:
I think the simplest thing to do is ask the MS Clinic where the nearest MS clinic is to you since they are not taking new patients. You could also contact the National MS Society and ask for their help in finding a clinic.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.