Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cognitive issues at work.
terryirishlady posted:
Hello everyone,

Have M.S. since 1994 and work in sales/design in ceramic tile. I am experiencing more ofter the loss of thought and memory. Knowing something very well and suddenly my mind goes blank and cannot remember. Forget trying to multi-task that does not work. It is scary when you are working with a client and I try to work around it hoping no one notices. I am on S.S.D.I. but being single I have to try to work to pay bills. My co worker knows of my M.S. but gets annoyed with me and says things like I already told you that! That just stresses me more. Any suggestions? I want to find another job but feel like I am in a box.
Thank you,
Terry

rickander responded:
I have short term., don't think the memory thing will get better.,. although I've seen supplement advertised as well as vitamins to take to help with memory., sorry I can't remember the names,,,,,

terryirishlady replied to rickander's response:
Rickander,

Thank you for your response...lol!

Terry

ireneliz responded:
have the same problem i use to work 2 full time jobs now i can only work about 10 hors a week in sales im trying to get ssdi im 54 yrs old i dont know how much longer i can work i started the paper work on april 13 2012 and i am still waitting how long will this take??????????? im not getting any better how lng did it take you??????????????

terryirishlady replied to ireneliz's response:
Ireneliz,

My doctor told me to go and apply for S.S.D.I. she also gave me phone number of Attorney. I called attorney and applied through that way. It only took 6 months and I was approved. I know there were several factors regarding including disability, M.S. and had hip replacement surgery, my age, lack of experience so on.
Did you talk to attorney or apply on your own?

Terry

ireneliz replied to terryirishlady's response:
my doctor told me i should be on ssdi i got an attorney just waitting for a answer

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.