Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Injections
lou269 posted:
Have reoccurring readmitting MS Since 2005 Avonex 2 years,Rebif 5 years my legs are shot and belly, arms hurt and buttocks seem fine.Never had much problems with flu like symptoms, truly sick of injections and this disability I have.Thinking this is about Insurance Companies making cash and Dr.'s getting perks? Bring on the JUICE and be rid of this!

hackwriter responded:
Dear lou,

Talk to your doc about Gilenya, it's the only oral therapy we have right now. There are two infusion therapies available as well: Tysabri and Novantrone.

Early next year, an oral therapy called BG-12 will also become available.

Pharma companies put big price tags on our drugs partly to fund the R & D and expensive clinical trials. Though a lot of people are cynical about these for-profit enterprises, I've met some research scientists who work for pharmas and they are deeply dedicated and passionate about their work in better understanding the mechanisms of the disease and developing better therapies.

I hope you'll discuss other options with your neuro, please let us know what you decide to do.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.