Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
multiple sclerosis
An_247187 posted:
does anyone know if it is true when you have ms and you get like the flu is it worse because of the ms

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
Multiple sclerosis does not make flu symptoms worse. Sometimes patients with multiple sclerosis can have a worsening of their multiple sclerosis symptoms because of temperature elevation. but this is transient and returns to baseline once he flew has run its course.

cactibabe1 replied to Neil S Lava, MD's response:
Thanks Dr. Lava for sharing this. I have MS my primary Care Dr. always make sure I have gotten the flu shot each year. I never asked him why. I just did not want the flu. Having MS is enough with out the flu as well. Thanks

Marjang responded:
I just seem to get better faster with ms i've noticed if i get a cold.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.