Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
its in the mail
ireneliz posted:
went to the mail box today!!!!!!!!!
i just got my 1st check from ssdi i was thinking this was going to take 2 yrs it only took 4 months. but what i dont understand is why didnt i get a letter from ssdi telling me more info well im glad i work all my life to be able to getthis check every month

hackwriter responded:
Hi Irene,

Congratulations, I know what a relief it is to receive that first check. I didn't get a heads up letter either before getting that first check, but it did come shortly afterwards.

You'll be eligible for Medicare in 24 months.

Kim

TotallyDisgusted1 replied to hackwriter's response:
Hi kim,

Just a qustion on your reply in reguards to medicare, once you receive ssid for two years your eligible no matter what age you are?

Thanks
-Rob

hackwriter replied to TotallyDisgusted1's response:
Rob,

Yes, once you have SSDI you become eligible for Medicare after 24 months regardless of age.

Kim

TotallyDisgusted1 replied to hackwriter's response:
Kim,

Thank you.

-Rob

Paul728 replied to TotallyDisgusted1's response:
I would recommend direct deposit for your ssdi check, that way you need not worry about it being stolen.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.