Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Skin outbreaks?
cheesegrater posted:
small blister like eruptions on scalp, shoulders, face, neck, back. Sometimes on legs and arms. Have seen two dermatologists that say they look like autoimmune.

Anyone else?

MSkylady responded:
I,too have had these little blisters. Dermatologist said they were histamine bumps. That was all they had to say and did nothing about them.

mykidsarespecial replied to MSkylady's response:
I recently started to break out also and they sting and burn along with itching. Is this what you are dealing with also.

I went to the ER and they had no clue what is was and they gave me some kind of cream for Scaibes and also gave me medicine for your regular hives....I am hesitant to take either of them because I have no idea what I am dealing with....I know that they are not Scaibes but am curious to find out what it is.

Is it another side effect of having MS as well. I have had MS for over 20 years, and never have had anything like this before. Please if anyone has any answers I am willing to listen.

doggsbone replied to mykidsarespecial's response:
have experienced severe dry skin but no stinging and burning. Sounds like an allergic reaction. Have you started or stopped any new medications or treatments lately? guess talk to your neuro but they will probably send you to a dermatologist. Good luck

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.