Skip to content
Good night sleep
terryirishlady posted:
Hello all,

Searching for what is the best mattress to get a good night sleep! I know this is not directly related to M.S. which I have for 17 yrs now but I need to get better sleep. Shopping around and checking online reviews but I though I would ask the experts that also have M.S. and that is you. Having pain in joints causing me to toss and turn so I am seriously considering Tempur-Pedic type. By the way long overdo purchase I sleep on a day bed lol.
What are your thoughts? Thank you!
Terry

hackwriter responded:
Memory foam mattresses have been reported to retain heat by some MSers and cause sweating at night, so it hasn't earned a great reputation among our crowd. But I did sleep on a Tempur-Pedic for a while when I dated a guy who owned one and I never had that problem, it was the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. And though I sleep on a conventional mattress now, I do use a memory foam contour pillow and I love it, that doesn't cause me to sweat either.

Tempur-Pedic does allow you a 90-day trial before purchase, so it wouldn't cost you anything to give it a try.

Kim

terryirishlady replied to hackwriter's response:
Hi Kim,
Yes that was my concern too about the heat. So I am going to try it to see if it works out. Thank you for the response!

doggsbone responded:
sleep number bed

terryirishlady replied to doggsbone's response:
Thank you for the response. I ended up with a tempur-pedic with an adjustable base. It is helping me.

doggsbone replied to terryirishlady's response:
good i am glad especially with the heat issue. Gives my wife and i some really good ideas. thank you

terryirishlady replied to doggsbone's response:
The heat issue has not been an issue at all. As a matter of fact it seems just like a regular mattress but much softer, a love the adjustable base. Since I have pain on my shoulder from sleeping on it for years I have switched to sleeping on back. It takes time to undo old habits but this bed has made it easier to change!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.