Good night sleep
terryirishlady posted:
Hello all,

Searching for what is the best mattress to get a good night sleep! I know this is not directly related to M.S. which I have for 17 yrs now but I need to get better sleep. Shopping around and checking online reviews but I though I would ask the experts that also have M.S. and that is you. Having pain in joints causing me to toss and turn so I am seriously considering Tempur-Pedic type. By the way long overdo purchase I sleep on a day bed lol.
What are your thoughts? Thank you!
Terry

hackwriter responded:
Memory foam mattresses have been reported to retain heat by some MSers and cause sweating at night, so it hasn't earned a great reputation among our crowd. But I did sleep on a Tempur-Pedic for a while when I dated a guy who owned one and I never had that problem, it was the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. And though I sleep on a conventional mattress now, I do use a memory foam contour pillow and I love it, that doesn't cause me to sweat either.

Tempur-Pedic does allow you a 90-day trial before purchase, so it wouldn't cost you anything to give it a try.

Kim

terryirishlady replied to hackwriter's response:
Hi Kim,
Yes that was my concern too about the heat. So I am going to try it to see if it works out. Thank you for the response!

doggsbone responded:
sleep number bed

terryirishlady replied to doggsbone's response:
Thank you for the response. I ended up with a tempur-pedic with an adjustable base. It is helping me.

doggsbone replied to terryirishlady's response:
good i am glad especially with the heat issue. Gives my wife and i some really good ideas. thank you

terryirishlady replied to doggsbone's response:
The heat issue has not been an issue at all. As a matter of fact it seems just like a regular mattress but much softer, a love the adjustable base. Since I have pain on my shoulder from sleeping on it for years I have switched to sleeping on back. It takes time to undo old habits but this bed has made it easier to change!