Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pharmaceutical Phobias
cheesegrater posted:
I have some distrust of chemical drugs does anyone know of a homepathic way to deal with MS?

I have used with great success many alternates for over the counter stuff for all regular illness and discomforts from sleep aids to flu remedies and pain relief.

I was reading about a neuro pain homeopathic recently, but haven't tried it yet. Hoping to get a real diagnosis (today's the day for UC Davis!) so I'm not just pumping a lot of stuff into me that are taking the wrong direction.

Any thoughts?

Rory26312 responded:
Hi

I believe there is a group on webMD for alternative medicine so if you can find it the may be able to help

Rory

cheesegrater replied to Rory26312's response:
Rory,

Thanks! I'll check it out.

swampster1952 responded:
Hello Cheesegrater,

There are all sorts homeopathic "remedies" out there for the treatment of MS. Unfortunately, none of them work. You might feel okay for a while, but the damage is still being done to your CNS.

But heck, it never hurts to look for alternatives for treatment. But please be careful of the snake oil sales people. They are looking for people just like you to take advantage of.

Dave

cheesegrater replied to swampster1952's response:
Thanks Dave. I don't think all meds are bad, but many of the chemical meds are based on reactions we have to the old homepathic meds.

Having said that I plan to be very careful in my choices and do what will really help me.

Snake Oil be-gone!

K

cheesegrater replied to cheesegrater's response:
Dave, also, I've had some bad run ins with pharms. The second to the last Neuro had me try something for complicated migranes, trying to see if the lights and colors were from that, I had every single side effect, gums bled, pressure behind my eyes (they started to push out), very deep cognitive issues (couldn't find my way home from the corner store).

When I called him to tell him he had me stop immediately, it was dangerous.

I also often have the opposite reaction, if it's suppose to relax you and slow you down I can become agitated and unable to sleep and vicey versey.

I have been told I'm "contra" to some medications. So I have to proceed with caution.

Thanks for the concern. K

ireneliz replied to cheesegrater's response:
ok just to start my spelling is not want it use to bethey tell me that i have had ms for along time i have been on cxpaone for a year or so i dont feel any better so i still take my meds but for the last 2 weeks i gave up all dariy beef sugar wheat etc now i eat only fruits veg i take 10,000 d3 400zinc 1000 l-lysine i feel so much better i can stay awake all day no more speed go to www.getmshelpnow.com let me know how you make out
irene ma south of boston

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
105 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.