Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Visit to UC Davis MS clinic
cheesegrater posted:
Ok, Wow. The Neurologist spent 4 hours with me. He went over everything, brought in a colleague who spent about 30 minutes with me.

Ordered a new MRI with contrast (first time w/contrast), an evoked potential test (never done) and my spinal tap results from 2 and 1/2 years ago.

Apparently there have been some advances in testing the spinal fluid over the past couple of years. He wants to review what was done and do another if it doesn't meet current criteria.

I left feeling like this was a group of people who, not only wanted to help me, but believed me.

They appear to suspect MS, but said there are still a couple of things that need to be ruled out, though I can't remember what he said.

I actually hugged him at the end of the appointment. It will be a couple of months at least to get all the test scheduled and results back, and feel like there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I check this sight daily and read or post. I really appreciate the support offered here.

I also got a new prescription for glasses with prisms to help with the double vision, they will be coming soon.

hackwriter responded:
Great news, I'm so happy for you It sounds as though they are committed to finding the answers. I assume you'll be having the visual evoked potentials test; it's painless, they'll stick some electrodes on your head and have you stare at a checkerboard pattern on a screen to measure electrical activity in the brain in response to that visual input.

After a few more tests, after a few more months, I hope you'll have some answers and begin a treatment plan. Please keep us posted.

Kim

cheesegrater replied to hackwriter's response:
Kim, Thank you.

So far none of the tests scare me, the only one that was truely painful was the one for MG where they stick a needle in your muscles and rotate it while sending some signals through. I can't remember the name of the test, but I did it twice.

I can handle being one with toothpaste in the MRI tube and being very very still for the spinal tap.

Throw it at me! I'm willing to try to get the answers I need.

Just don't give up on me.

thanks for your support.

swampster1952 responded:
Hello Cheesegrater,

What, you are getting new glasses? Cripes, now you will be able to read what we are really saying to you! Bummer, now I am going to have to behave myself!

Good news is always welcome here,

Dave

cheesegrater replied to swampster1952's response:
Dave,

Thank you for your always humorous replys.

Who knows what will happen when I can see! Maybe less people yelling, and horns honking? Where is that pesky cross walk anyway?

I hope you are well.

Kathy

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

certified nursing assistant (CNA)
I am a care giver who have had vast experience with MS patient and i do travel with my client/s. If some one out there who is looking for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.