Skip to content
new symptoms and scared
heathera29 posted:
I have still yet to be diagnosed 2 weeks ago i had 3 "new" things happen wondering if these are MS symptoms.. 2 weeks ago i woke up with vertigo, it was horrible! i couldn't stand/sit ect for 3 days,after that i thought i could do small things ie: help my 5 yr old get dressed for school, ended up with a massive headaches, still have them everyday but they are getting better, and lastly i am now having numbness in my back, it was happening 2 or 3 times a week but now its everyday off and on are these symptoms i should be more worried about now?my balance issues are still awful, i have fallen, walked into concrete stairs and thought i was walking "up them" and my legs wouldn't "work", i am scared since things are getting worse and i still know nothing

hackwriter responded:
Dear Heather,

Vertigo, headaches, balance, and walking problems can certainly be MS-related, you need to see your neurologist as soon as possible to have this documented and to be examined. More tests might be done and you might get treatment, possibly with steroids. Your doc needs to dig deeper and find out what's going on, but that's only going to happen if you report it and push for answers.

Please don't delay in calling your doctor. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Kim

heathera29 replied to hackwriter's response:
all my other symptoms are documented with my old dr.. i have since switched dr,s because he blew me off as if nothing is wrong, i don't know exactly whats wrong but something is,if nothing was i wouldn't have had 4 ER dr's tell me i need to get tested for ms ASAP but again my dr blew me off.4 yrs now i am for sure going to call my new dr (got a new one a yr ago) and hopefully he will be more willing to listen to me more than the last guy.

thank you for your reply Kim.

doggsbone replied to heathera29's response:
dont worry heather some doctors are open to learning and some think they know it all hope you can find a learner

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.