Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
something new.
An_241268 posted:
Hi. I have had MS for many years now. But in the last mo my little toe on left side, and little finger on left side are going num. Feeling does come back but not for long. And also my little finger also gets real tingle. Any one got a clue at to what is is...
thanks....

c

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
It is possible that you are experiencing a sensory symptom from the MS or this may be related to a peripheral nerve problem and unrelated to the MS. Talk with your neurologist about this.

doggsbone replied to Neil S Lava, MD's response:
please explain what a peripheral nerve problem consists of ?

Neil S Lava, MD replied to doggsbone's response:
The nervous system is composed of the brain, spinal cord and the peripheral nerves. These nerves run through the body after they exit the spinal cord and control muscles and sensation.
Multiple sclerosis does not affect the peripheral nervous system. There are many things that can cause the peripheral nerves to malfunction and symptoms of peripheral nerve malfunction include numbness and tingling. This is why you need to talk with your neurologist about your symptoms.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

certified nursing assistant (CNA)
I am a care giver who have had vast experience with MS patient and i do travel with my client/s. If some one out there who is looking for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.