Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Accidental ingestion of copaxone
avatar
MSPattil posted:
I think I accidentally ingested some Copaxone while trying to do my injection tonight. It wasn't working so I unscrewed the pen and the drug spurted out and I think it went into my drink and I drank some. I am hoping nothing will happen, but if anyone knows for sure if I need to worry about it, please let me know. thanks!
Reply
 
avatar
Rory26312 responded:
Hi Patti

I have not been able to find anything about this but if you are having any issues or worries go to the ER and have it checked out.

Let us know , hoping all is well.

Rory


Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
105 of 107 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.