Skip to content
Hi Kim
Rory26312 posted:
Good morning quick question .

Have you come across any info on MN-166 from MediciNova to treat progressive forms of MS. From what I can see the are through Phase II trials and have applied for a Patent.

I can find nothing about FDA approval so it is obviosly a long way from release but it nice to know someone is working on treatment options.

Bracing for Sandy here in New York so if I am not around for a few days the power is likely out

Rory

hackwriter responded:
Hi, Rory,

I've only read that MN-166 has gotten an allowance from the European Patent Office as MediciNova conducts its clinical trials past Phase II.

I'm very concerned about my NY friends, I've seen photos of Red Hook flooding over already, scary stuff! Hope you find some high ground and stay there, my friend! Take care.

Kim

Rory26312 replied to hackwriter's response:
Good morning

Well my few blocks seems to have made it through unscathed but that cann't be said for most of the area. If anything the predictions were to mild.

We will have to see how the recovery goes and I imagine that will take a while.

Rory

hackwriter replied to Rory26312's response:
Rory, I'm so glad you made it safely through the storm. Here's hoping your neighbors are safe and well and your area will soon be restored.

Kim

Rory26312 replied to hackwriter's response:
Hi Kim

Con-Ed are working on it but my brother who live's a mile away still has no power but he is running a generator and sharing with his neighbors so at least the have something.

I was in the city yesterday and I have never seen traffic like that wall to wall gridlock. Oh I saw the broken crane and it looks worse in real life than on the news .

Rory

doggsbone replied to Rory26312's response:
where is the crane? i was a 250 ton crane operator well before i got sick anyway. A broken crane is like a broken drill bit you may only see 1 in your life

Rory26312 replied to doggsbone's response:
James it is at 57th street and 6th ave in here in New York about ninety floors up. I am sure there is something on the national news or U-tube by now. Sure is not a pretty sight , will be a big job to get it down.

Rory

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.