Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CCSVI
caregiver41 posted:
I have read a lot about this, and yes to MS patients like my self it does show promise. I reed the WEBMD article about this from there"expert". The procedure has been done very successfully in Canada,the problem isn't the procedure and weather it works it the Doctor doing the procedure and the level or ability to do it. Getting checked is the first obstacle as the FDA has not approved it, Second is most doctor will not do the checks, to find out if that could be causing MS problems. Let's not forget the money issue, drug companies don't want you using the money slotted for there overpriced band-aides on drugs that may or may not work. Just to find out that there might be something that will work. Research is only good if your looking to find answers to a problems, and not spending time on something just to say it doesn't work. FDA approved Tysabri until someone died, then it was rechecked to find the problems, something that should have been First. I'm not saying CCSVI is the answer to the MS cause,but I'm saying lets REALLY check patients to see if the cause could be something that could be fixed. There is no cause yet for what is causing MS, No drug for fixing MS just a lot of them for treating symptoms. I always thought you have to know what is causing the problem, before you can find the way to fix it? I guess until then MS patient will have to wait until the drug companies get more money with the talk of finding a cure, and doctors who don't have a clue on the cause will continue to just say it's MS but have NO problem or care for the patients to write more prescription. I wonder what happened to the HYPOCRATIC OATH?

doggsbone responded:
the hypocratic oath was replaced with
' the man with the gold makes the rules" please let me know what happens it does sound interesting

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

certified nursing assistant (CNA)
I am a care giver who have had vast experience with MS patient and i do travel with my client/s. If some one out there who is looking for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.