Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ABOUT DEPRESSION...
zaljo65 posted:
HI I NEED HELP,I'M ON REBIF I THINK IS WORKING THE PAIN ON MY SHOULDERS IS ONLY AT NIGHT STILL HAVE FATIGUE AND OTHER SINTOMS BUT I'M WORRY BECAUSE I FELL SO DEPRESS I BELIEVE IS THE MEDICATION, WHAT TO DO ANY IDEAS,SOMETIMES I FELL LIKE DOING NOTHING,REALLY NEED HELP....

Rory26312 responded:
Hi Zal

One of the major side effects of all the interfurons is depression. You obviousbly feel that this is true for you . That been the case you have to talk to your neuro about other options for Disease modifying therapies (DMT's).

Copaxane is the only injectible open to you as all the other are interfurons of some sort . There is tysabri as well as some of the newer oral meds to consider as well.

Talk to your neuro and come up with a new plan that suits you as depression caused by meds is something you do not have to live with.

Rory

zaljo65 replied to Rory26312's response:
HI RORY...
I APRECIATED YOUR COMENT WILL TALK TO MY DOCTOR,I PROBABLY WILL TRY THEORAL MEDICATION, I HATE THE INYECTION BUT SINCE I NEED THEM...THANKS AGAING...ZALJO

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.