Skip to content
MS in older people
floridalaa posted:
I am 63 yrs. old and have recently been dx with MS. Does this mean I have the primary progressive kind, and that I probably won't need MS treatments?

hackwriter responded:
Dear florida,

I"m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, it must have been quite an upsetting experience--and I'm glad you've come to this forum to ask questions and seek support.

Your doctor should have discussed with you which form has been diagnosed and what treatments are available. No matter which form you have, there are treatment options such as symptom meds and physical therapy that can improve your quality of life.

I hope you'll soon call your neurologist and discuss which form you have and whether there are disease-modifying therapies available to you--as well as treatments for your symptoms. Do let us know what you find out, and feel free to come here any time with your questions and concerns. Hope to hear from you again.

Kim

floridalaa replied to hackwriter's response:
Thank You. I have another MRI in Feb. and back to the MS Dr. in March, so maybe he will have answers for me then. I will keep you posted. Merry Christmas
Linda

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.