Skip to content
I have ms and herpse type 1 and 2 and Thrombophilia. I am worried about the Dietary needs for all three Conditions.
Post1421 posted:
Hi all, I'm 33 and I Contracted herpse type 1 and 2 (type 1 is month and 2 is Genital) herpse about a year and a half ago from my boyfriend. He didn't know he had it do to never having an out brake. I have had Thrombophilia almost my whole life and take a Low dose aspirin to Manage it. Now after being sick for years and not knowing what was wrong with me the. Doctors Finally diagnosed me with ms. Having the herpse I have been following the diet plan for that. Now knowning I have ms the two diets r Conflicting. Also fish is not good for me do to Vitamin K. Ugh I need help. If anyone out there has the same Problem that I do ur help would be a Greatly welcomed !! Sincerely, Jennifer.

hackwriter responded:
Dear Jennifer,

I have Type 1 genital herpes and take acyclovir twice a day. I don't do any diet plan for it, and I haven't had an outbreak since the initial one in 2007. I can't be of much help to you since I don't put much stock in special MS diets, etc., I simply eat sensibly as much as I can. I hope someone who is invested in special eating regimens will respond to your diet plan dilemma.

Kim

Post1421 replied to hackwriter's response:
Hi Kim, I wish I could not have to Follow any of these diet plans. But Unfortunately my frist year of having the herpes almost put me in the Hospital it was one out break after another. I had to stop eating everything I loved nuts, oats, Chocolate Etc. after much Medication and a diet plan. It's Finally gotten Under control. One of the main things on the diet to get the Lysine from food that I needed is dairy.

Now dairy is like Arch enemy number one on the ms diet plan. I wouldn't follow the diet if my ms Symptoms wasn't starting to get out of hand and starting to take away from my Quality of life. But the thing I am worried about is having an out brake or my ms Continuing to worsen. Thanks for getting back to me and I really hope someone does too. Jennifer

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.