Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
depression
shirley1642 posted:
DOES ANYONE SUFFER WITH DEPRESSION TO THE POINT YOU FEEL NUMB. I HAVE TO GO TO BED, THEN HAVE NIGHT MARES. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS PASSES. EVERY LITTLE THING HURTS ME.

BJJ3708 responded:
yes, I do everyday. it has taking a while but I think Prozac is the best for me. I have had many anti depressants but they dont all work. Also genertics do not work for me. I need name brand. As long as you understand what is happening....you can battle it.

jenniferlee0112 responded:
I'm sorry you're going through a hard time right now. Sometimes the mood swings of MS can be hard to take. I have a friend who gets mood swings and depression every time she's in a relapse. Getting out of the house. even if it doesn't feel like a great idea, can sometimes help lighten the mood. Going for a walk if you can might also give you a boost in endorphines to help you get through it. A light exercise plan can help you feel a bit more alive. I hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer Lee
My blog: http://www.FreebiesForMSers.org

Rory26312 responded:
Shirley and BJJ3708

If either of you are on one of the interfuro treatments you need to discuss this with your neuro as soon as possible .

The depression associated with these therapies is serious and a change in treatment plan is usually called for.

If this is not the case for either of you, both of you still need to talk to your doctors about meds to treat thios symptom of MS.

Luckily for me I have never had top deal with this so I will not make recomendations but there are several meds available if you have not allready tried them.

Rory

Lisa061 responded:
too suffer with depression before and since my MS diagnosis. I take paxil as well as pritiq which helps but even so there are times when nothing helps but time. I fo feel numb and cry all the time. It does help that we are not alone and maybe by expressing what you r feeling or not helps somewhat.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.