Skip to content
MS questions
levip posted:
I have experienced lack of coordination, dizzyness, a "drunk" feeling even though I have not drank in months, fatigue, stumbling, etc. Should I go to a doctor to get this checked out? If anyone could help me that would be great. Thank you.

hackwriter responded:
Dear levip,

If you have not been diagnosed with MS and these are your first symptoms, then you do need to see your Primary Care Physician. These symptoms can be caused by many other conditions besides MS.

If you do already have an MS diagnosis, you might be experiencing a flare and you should see your neurologist right away.

Kim

levip replied to hackwriter's response:
I have not been diagnosed. I made an appointment today. What do you think it might be?

levip replied to levip's response:
Update: I was diagnosed with vertigo. Does this have any correlation to MS?

hackwriter replied to levip's response:
It can be MS-related--or it can be a common condition called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), which is caused by "stones" in the inner ear falling out of place. If it is MS-related there are some medications that might help, but if it is BPPV, that is temporary and should subside within days or weeks.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Reliv does work
I thought Reliv was a hoax too. But it's not. You need to take it regularly and consistently and it proves miracles. My mom was diagnosed ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.