Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercise ideas to help with pain and attitude :-)
thestace posted:
It's been a while since I have posted anything. Have been giving a firm diagnosis of Primary Progressive MS. Taking a few meds to "help" with some of my issues. Some days I think they help...others not so much. I have always been an active person. Lifted weights, walked, skied, bike riding, etc. Have stopped almost everything. Just hurt and so darn tired. Go to work and just crash when I get home. Looking for some ideas for exercise. Tried weights the other day and hurt so bad and not even 1/2 of what I use to do. I live in north Idaho and we have lots of snow so walking, biking outside are no good right now. Have heard that yoga can help. I know nothing about it. Just have seen different positions and think there is no way I can do that..(plank) Can't even do a push up now Hurts my hands too much and can't support my weight on them now. Anyway..enough whining. Feeling down and need to do something plus the meds they are giving me have a wight gain side effect > Any ideas are welcome. Thanks for listening and letting me whine a bit. Try not to but last 4 weeks have been harder than usual. Thanks again. Stace

hackwriter responded:
Hi, Stace,

Nice to hear from you again, sorry about the diagnosis. I've found that aquatherapy is the easiest way to move. If you have access to a rehab center with a pool that is heated to around 83 degrees--or a community pool would do as well--you could sign up for water aerobics.

I do some yoga, it helps with the spastic muscles and other aches and pains. And if you can afford it, massages work wonders.

Hang in there, you'll find what works for you.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.