Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IS THIS MS?
clairebear76 posted:
Hi guys,

I experienced the most weirdest thing ever, about two months ago i woke up and was completely blind in both eyes for about 5mins then a week ago my whole right side went floppy, numb and tingling. I thought i was having a stroke. My face dropped and my speech was slurring. I was taken to the hospital where I had an MRI and CAT scan which both came back normal. I also had a lumber punch still awaiting results! My right side is still the same with little improvement, and i find daily tasks difficult. I was told that i might have carpal tunnel but every time I investigate on the web my symptoms it comes up with MS??????????????

hackwriter responded:
Dear claire,

Though your symptoms do match MS, there are other conditions that share those symptoms, too. Your docs will likely run tests to rule out the possibilities.

I assume your MRI and CT scan were of the brain. Did you have an MRI of your spine as well? Damage can be present in the cervical spine and not in the brain in the early stages of MS.

A lumbar puncture is one of the diagnostic tests for MS. If it is positive for O-bands, that is a strong indication of MS.

I hope you'll keep us informed about your test results. Feel free to come back and let us know your concerns, we'll try to help during this difficult time.

Kim

clairebear76 replied to hackwriter's response:
Thank you Kim x I have an appointment with neurology tomorrow, so will be able to say more then. It's so reassuring to know that there are people out there willing to listen as I'm so scared thank you again x x x x

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.