ms and mood swings
angelsbaby posted:
am in a relationship with a woman diagnosed with m.s. our relationship has been very close and our love very deep for each other. recently she has exibited extreme episodes of what i feel is unwarranted anger towards me, its as though she suddenly hates me which i know cant be true.. i have no plans of abandoning her, but i am having difficulty separating my own emotional needs from her condition. is this behavior a symptom of her disease and is there any type of resources/counseling for partners of people with this disease? she is everything in the world to me and im afraid that if i dont learn how to cope with this i will lose her forever, aand that would ddestroy me.

hackwriter responded:
Dear Angels,

Behavior changes can be caused by MS damage in the part of the brain that processes emotions and self-control--but these changes can also be caused by depression/anxiety/stress.

I think you should contact her doctor and report these changes, the doc should evaluate her to try to pinpoint the cause and treat it. Note when her angry outbursts started and whether there were any accompanying symptoms. The information you provide should help the doctor determine a course of testing and treatment.

Hope this helps.

Kim

angelsbaby replied to hackwriter's response:
thanks again for your time, however since we are not married i dont feel it is right for me to do something so private with her physician without her consent. i do agree that depression and stress have a big role in the abrupt changes in her mood. i should pursue others avenues, and do whatever i cao aliviate what factors i can, the question is how.

Rory26312 responded:
Hi Angelsbaby

I don't know how to post al ink but if you google mood changes in MS you will find a few videos with both patients and experts talking about this subject . The may give you a place to start and a better understanding of whats going on with her .

Hope the help

Rory

Rory26312 replied to Rory26312's response:
P.S the are on U-Tube (where else)