Skip to content
Overnight went from extremely active and fit to...
dpat0218 posted:
I am trying to find out if anyone can identify with any of my symptoms.
And I mean overnight! One day i'm this model of fitness and the next, I cannot do any physical activity without excrutiating pain. The symptoms come and go, though!
When my condition flares up, for example, I can only walk for 9 out of 18 holes while playing golf, and the last three holes of those first nine are very difficult. I use to run 30 miles a week. After 9 holes, my feet swell, not the skin but the flesh/muscle tissues underneath, and for the next two days it feels as if I am walking on broken chards of glass.
I am describing only one of my symptoms above. I also wake up with half of my face tingling, sometimes hard to see immediately out of the one eye (on the side I was sleeping on), even my head feels tingly and hear this almost constant "chirping" noise in my head, a bit like crickets in the distance. I struggle digesting any fatty food, many vegetables especially leafy greens. Any part of my body that is expose to a constant pressure for a period of time will display the same symptoms as my feet. I have unexplainable muscle cramping. Eusophagus cramping/spasms are the most painful. It will start as hickups now and then to quick repeated hickups, to cramping of eusophagus onto a cramp that will not go away for 10 to 15 minutes.
I have covered only part of my symptoms. If anyone can share anything with me that would lead me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate.
A guy who wants his life back!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
106 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.