Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help please!!!
mybdy posted:
For the past month, I have been having severe middle back pain. Its a burning type pain that also goes up to my shoulders and sometimes my neck. The past week however, I have developed significant weakness of my arms and right leg. Whenever I try to lift my leg up it feels like a 200 lb. weight is sitting on my thigh and I struggle to lift it. I was changing my baby's diaper and could not lift his legs to lift his butt up to wipe him or put the new diaper under him. I also had a problem with trying to grasp little pieces of cut up fruit. My arms just feel very tired. I have had numbness and tingling in 3 toes for about a year now. My Dr. put me on Neurontin, but I havent noticed much difference. I have also been having balance and memory issues,and extreme fatigue where I slept for 3 days straight. I have seen my Dr. and I am scheduled for an MRI of the brain. Can anyone relate to these symptoms as possible MS? I just want to know what is going on with me so I can treat it and move on.

hackwriter responded:
Dear mybdy,

Your symptoms are nonspecific, meaning they are not exclusive to one particular condition. A full workup by your doctor will help rule out the many possible causes for your pain, fatigue, balance, numbness, tingling, and weakness problems.

Neurontin treats neuropathic pain, but it doesn't work for everyone. Lyrica also treats this kind of pain, and there are other meds to try, too. It can take a while to find the drugs that work for us.

I hope you'll let us know the results of your testing and that you'll soon find some relief.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.