Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Help please!!!
    mybdy posted:
    For the past month, I have been having severe middle back pain. Its a burning type pain that also goes up to my shoulders and sometimes my neck. The past week however, I have developed significant weakness of my arms and right leg. Whenever I try to lift my leg up it feels like a 200 lb. weight is sitting on my thigh and I struggle to lift it. I was changing my baby's diaper and could not lift his legs to lift his butt up to wipe him or put the new diaper under him. I also had a problem with trying to grasp little pieces of cut up fruit. My arms just feel very tired. I have had numbness and tingling in 3 toes for about a year now. My Dr. put me on Neurontin, but I havent noticed much difference. I have also been having balance and memory issues,and extreme fatigue where I slept for 3 days straight. I have seen my Dr. and I am scheduled for an MRI of the brain. Can anyone relate to these symptoms as possible MS? I just want to know what is going on with me so I can treat it and move on.

hackwriter responded:
    Dear mybdy,

Your symptoms are nonspecific, meaning they are not exclusive to one particular condition. A full workup by your doctor will help rule out the many possible causes for your pain, fatigue, balance, numbness, tingling, and weakness problems.

Neurontin treats neuropathic pain, but it doesn't work for everyone. Lyrica also treats this kind of pain, and there are other meds to try, too. It can take a while to find the drugs that work for us.

I hope you'll let us know the results of your testing and that you'll soon find some relief.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
    was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    52 of 63 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.