Skip to content
Back, ankle and foot pain
shalinda posted:
I am a vet, so i go to the VA Hospital to see my dr. I was living in Va. the moved to sc last july. I never had the spinal tap done only the MRI. So once i got to SC the DR. here wanted to do the spinal tap to make sure it is actually MS. I had it done last month OMG that is something i don't want done ever again. Since i have had it done i wake up now with my feet and ankles hurting badly, i can barely make it to the bathroom if i wake up in the middle of the night. I have a serious shoe fetish and have also noticed that when i wear my lovely heels my toes and sometimes my entire feet go numb and this happens when i am sitting not standing. i have also noticed that i can only do so much until my back and legs start to hurt. i am frustrated if i can no longer wear my heels. ! What to do, What to do

hackwriter responded:
Dear shalinda,

You might want to contact your doctor about those lingering effects of the lumbar puncture. Our MS nerves are very excitable, and although the effects should be temporary, your doc might recommend a medication to make you more comfortable.

Shoes: I had to stop wearing heels at one point, and though I miss being able to wear girl shoes, it was a welcome trade-off. Now I wear only one-inch sandals during the warm months and Ugg boots in cold weather, I simply can't abide anything else. I haven't sacrificed feminine style, just the torture of a high heel, lol. Comfort has become most important in everything now, and I've found a way to dress that is both comfy and stylish.

Remember that safety is an issue when we have weakness, numbness, balance problems and pain. Be safe and be well.

Kim

shalinda replied to hackwriter's response:
Thank you for the info... I have some heels I have not worn yet.... I guess I will have to start preparing myself to sell them.!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Reliv does work
I thought Reliv was a hoax too. But it's not. You need to take it regularly and consistently and it proves miracles. My mom was diagnosed ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.