Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Back, ankle and foot pain
shalinda posted:
I am a vet, so i go to the VA Hospital to see my dr. I was living in Va. the moved to sc last july. I never had the spinal tap done only the MRI. So once i got to SC the DR. here wanted to do the spinal tap to make sure it is actually MS. I had it done last month OMG that is something i don't want done ever again. Since i have had it done i wake up now with my feet and ankles hurting badly, i can barely make it to the bathroom if i wake up in the middle of the night. I have a serious shoe fetish and have also noticed that when i wear my lovely heels my toes and sometimes my entire feet go numb and this happens when i am sitting not standing. i have also noticed that i can only do so much until my back and legs start to hurt. i am frustrated if i can no longer wear my heels. ! What to do, What to do
hackwriter responded:
Dear shalinda,

You might want to contact your doctor about those lingering effects of the lumbar puncture. Our MS nerves are very excitable, and although the effects should be temporary, your doc might recommend a medication to make you more comfortable.

Shoes: I had to stop wearing heels at one point, and though I miss being able to wear girl shoes, it was a welcome trade-off. Now I wear only one-inch sandals during the warm months and Ugg boots in cold weather, I simply can't abide anything else. I haven't sacrificed feminine style, just the torture of a high heel, lol. Comfort has become most important in everything now, and I've found a way to dress that is both comfy and stylish.

Remember that safety is an issue when we have weakness, numbness, balance problems and pain. Be safe and be well.

shalinda replied to hackwriter's response:
Thank you for the info... I have some heels I have not worn yet.... I guess I will have to start preparing myself to sell them.!

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

Tip for hives
My daughter suffers with hives, they have never found out what causes her hives either. We thought since I was recently diagnosed that ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.