Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need help!!!
TKDeveaux posted:
Ok I am highly frustrated today. I was diagnosed as possible MS almost 6 years ago which is around the same time I had my last MRI. I also suffer from seizures but I have not had a seizure for 2 years but that is not my issue. Anyway as of late have been having constant spasms on my right side, my eye sight becomes blurry at times, I also have difficulty with coordination and speech is also affected. Sometimes I have problems holding my bladder which becomes highly embarrassing at times. I just really would like to know if anyone can give me any advice on what I should do. I am 32 and a mother of a 8 year old son and everything makes me extremely tired. And it's all very scary for me. Anyone can share thier thoughts it would be totally helpful. Thanks

hackwriter responded:
Dear TK,

You must schedule an appointment with the doctor that diagnosed you with possible MS right away. Keep a symptom log and bring it to your appointment. The neurologist will perform a clinical exam and probably schedule you for another round of MRIs to check for an increase in lesions.

When you make that call, insist that the doc see you as soon as possible and tell the appointment-taker about the blurred vision, bladder problems, spasms, coordination and speech problems. You need to be seen immediately.

I know it's scary, we've all been there and I can't spare you the anxiety you'll feel while you wait for an appointment and then for an answer. Get as much rest as you can, bring a symptom log with you to the appointment and tell the doc everything you've been feeling.

Come back here and vent, ask questions, and tell us how you're feeling. We'll do our best to ease your fears and let you know you're not alone. Do let us know what you find out.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Repair the Myelin Sheath?
I'm no Dr. but this is what I did: The Myelin Sheath is made from 3 fatty acids- Omega 3 & 6 & DHA. There is aproduct called ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.