Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

New Comer
    thewoods3 posted:
    Hey I am new here so I will just give an overview of my condition. Last Jan I was in the hospital the dr found a lesion on my brain and I was giving steroids for a period of time went to my neuro and had the test done with the c-spine blood work and spinal tab. Everything come back normal the neuro said that t could be MS but with one lesion was hard to determine. I have started having numbness in my left arm and fingers and having like a charliehorse in my left thigh with burning sensation running down to my knee. I have also woke up with not being able to move my left side at all. I was just wondering are the sign that it is MS and it is progressing.

Rory26312 responded:
    Hello and welcome thewoods3

One of the diagnostic criteria for MS is two flairs seperated by time, with new symptoms . If indeed it turns out you have MS and this is a flair (excaberation) then your new symptoms could meet this .

It is time for a call to your neuro, to see if there is any further testing that the can do or repeat.

Some neuros will diagnose a condition called Clinically Isolated Syndrome (CIS) if there is some evidence of MS but not enough for a full diagnosis. The diagnosis does not mean that full MS will develop but it enables them to start the patient on treatment which will hopefully delay the onset of MS.

Let us know how you are doing and what the neuro thinks is happening,

Rory

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
    was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    52 of 63 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.