Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New Comer
thewoods3 posted:
Hey I am new here so I will just give an overview of my condition. Last Jan I was in the hospital the dr found a lesion on my brain and I was giving steroids for a period of time went to my neuro and had the test done with the c-spine blood work and spinal tab. Everything come back normal the neuro said that t could be MS but with one lesion was hard to determine. I have started having numbness in my left arm and fingers and having like a charliehorse in my left thigh with burning sensation running down to my knee. I have also woke up with not being able to move my left side at all. I was just wondering are the sign that it is MS and it is progressing.

Rory26312 responded:
Hello and welcome thewoods3

One of the diagnostic criteria for MS is two flairs seperated by time, with new symptoms . If indeed it turns out you have MS and this is a flair (excaberation) then your new symptoms could meet this .

It is time for a call to your neuro, to see if there is any further testing that the can do or repeat.

Some neuros will diagnose a condition called Clinically Isolated Syndrome (CIS) if there is some evidence of MS but not enough for a full diagnosis. The diagnosis does not mean that full MS will develop but it enables them to start the patient on treatment which will hopefully delay the onset of MS.

Let us know how you are doing and what the neuro thinks is happening,

Rory

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.