Skip to content
confused!
jennyb4 posted:
I was told 17 years ago that I had MS, I was shocked! Up until 2 1/2 years ago I was on nothing. I made the decision when my mom pasted away that I was going to do something cus it was getting worse! numbness from the feet up to my knees, balance problems and walking problems. I was on rebif for 2 years and wanted to try something different. called the dr and he said lets try copaxen. read all the side effects and thought OMG! I also have MVP and one of the sides effects is tightness in your chest, heart palpations! talked to heart dr and said he did not see a problem...yeah!! went on copaxen and no different than rebif. I also take fish oil, vit d3 and magnesium that is it. I work 10 hour days 4 days a week. I saw all the other medicine that some of the people on here are taking and a little confused. my son used to be on Adderall for ADD. what does that do for MS? I am only 51 and need to work till I am dead(lol)! exercise at work, they offer that time during break or after lunch and at home! I am thinking about water aerobics any suggestions?

hackwriter responded:
Dear jenny,

Adderall is prescribed for MS patients to treat fatigue.

There are several new oral MS therapies on the market now; Gilenya came out first a couple of years ago and Aubagio was approved last year. The newest one is Tecfidera, a twice daily capsule that has performed very well in clinical trials with only minimal side effects and no health risks. It was FDA-approved earlier this week and will be on the market and available to us in May. To find out more, search WebMD, do research on the internet for drug info, and ask your doctor for his input.

Water aerobics is a wonderful idea. I did it myself and I think it's the perfect form of exercise for MS patients because we don't feel the effects of gravity in the water. It's a lot easier to move without feeling weak and fatigued.

Hope this helps.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Tip for hives
My daughter suffers with hives, they have never found out what causes her hives either. We thought since I was recently diagnosed that ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.