Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oxycodone to Treat MS Pain?
jlnnry posted:
My sister was diagnosed with MS about 6 years ago, she is 66 yrs old. For pain, she is taking oxycodone and takes about 6-10 pills per day. Is oxycodone a standard treatment for MS pain? It seems this would only exacerbate the general fatigue? She is Lethargic most of the time while taking this drug. Thoughts anyone? I want to help her and fear she may have an addiction to oxy.

hackwriter responded:
Dear jInnry,

Oxycodone is a common treatment for MS pain. As with all opiates, addiction is a risk. Moreover, the patient can build up a tolerance for it and must be periodically switched over to another opiate. I have a friend who is caught in this kind of loop with Oxycodone.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.