Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No interest in intimacy or sex
loz15 posted:
Hello,this is my first attemt at a discussion and would be extreamly grateful .for any feed back.I am a 46yr old gay female who has met the love of her life.She was diagnosed with ms 8yrs ago,a fact that she has never hidden from me.I love her and respect her and have read up on r and r symptoms so that i can try and have a better understanding when the going gets tough for her.It was a relief to read about the lack of sex drive,no interest and dryness etc.etcAll these things she suffers with,.And i feel selfish writing this but i have tried to talk about how she feels,she has trouble talking about it,and we seem to find not an answer but maybe more of a fix it but it always ends up with bed=sleep...end of!! The one thing i have a problem is i keep feeling its me...my fault...what am i doing wrong?I understand her symptoms but obviously i cant feel them as she does with fatigue but i feel im being selfish too.I love her so very much and we plan to marry in sept....i live in the uk so fingers crossed it wont rain! I hope my babble makes sense and i can get some answers or maybe similar situations.i feel abit alone with this one!

Rory26312 responded:
Hi Loz

MS fatigue is only one of the many ways that MS can effect our sex drive. Some feel that the if the allow them selfs to be intimate it may lead to rejection due to their condition , the fact that the know their partner loves them is not enough to over rule this fear.

If you look under popular dissussions on the right hand side of this page you will find a previous chat we had on this subject. A lot of the people have since left the board but the advice is still good and should give you some place to start.

Rory

P.S. I now live in the US but was born in Ireland so I know what you mean by the rain

loz15 replied to Rory26312's response:
Hi Rory
Thank you for your reply...I have read the other disscussions and it just feels a relief to know that she/we are not the only ones with these type of problems/symptoms

i was feeling very isolated and alone as i was constantly thinking it was me! We have along and sometimes hard road ahead,but with such a helpful site with and real people, real problems and symptoms...boy its a help!

Thank you once again..keep well
Loz x

Rory26312 replied to loz15's response:
Hi Loz

one other thing i should have said is that if your partner feels we can help encourge her to join this or some other support group.

there are alot of former contributers that left this site who have a facebook page.

i am not on facebook so I cann't post a link.

Rory

loz15 replied to Rory26312's response:
Oh Rory !

Thank you..thats a great idea! We are both on facebook so i will suggest it to her.

Funny how you never seem to think of things that are right under your nose!

I wonder do you know of any names of people that i could maybe message or shall i just "searce" ?

thanks again
Loz x

Rory26312 replied to loz15's response:
Hi Loz

Cann't help you out here as the probably have different user names than the used here . I guess if you were to read c
some older posts here two years plus (try where are you from or lies) maybe you could search some of those user names.

Rory

P.S. the are in popular disscussions

nana2el replied to Anon_1066's response:
You need to go away.

Rory26312 replied to nana2el's response:
Hi Loz

Please do not let the attitude of one bigot reflect on your opinion of the rest of us .I have reported this to Web MD and hopefully the will take it down soon.

To Anon-1066 the purpose of this support group is to help people and there families who have MS there is no use for your bigotry in doing this . If you are unwilling to help then please do not say anything.

My name is Rory and I do not hide behind the Anon feature

Rory26312 replied to Rory26312's response:
I see Web-MD have taken down the post so thank you

Rory

nana2el replied to Rory26312's response:
Thank you WebMD for removing the offensive post. And thank you Rory for your response.

Sandra

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
105 of 107 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.